North Shore Private Hospital offers the latest in Cardiac technology combined with first-class standards of accommodation that ensures the provision of the very best cardiac care.
Our Cardiovascular Services department comprise of dedicated private Cardiac Catheter Laboratories, a cardiothoracic operating suite, an Intensive Care Unit, Acute Care Unit and Cardiothoracic ward. All these areas are staffed by teams of highly skilled cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, nurses and allied health professionals.
North Shore Private Hospital Offers You the Security of:
- Access to the latest technologies in cardiovascular diagnostic services.
- An emergency interventional cardiology service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week,
- Referral if required to cardiothoracic surgeons 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- A 14-bed Intensive Care Unit
- A specialised 5 bed Acute Cardiac Unit with on-site medical staff and full-time cardiologists
- A 20 Bed Cardiology/Cardiothoracic ward.
- Post-procedural rehabilitation in association with Heart Research Australia and NSCEC.
This seamless service establishes a benchmark in the provision of cardiac care and treatment which is available to you at North Shore Private Hospital. For all cardiothoracic surgery, refer to the heart and lung section of this website.
Diagnostic and Interventional Treatments offered at North Shore Private Hospital for coronary artery disease and abnormal heart rhythms include:
Emergency Management of a Heart Attack
Electrophysiology Studies (EPS), Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA), Pulmonary Vein Isolation (PVI)