Your heart is
in our hands
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in Australia (source: AIHW and Heart Foundation) Not only does cardiovascular disease kill one Australian every 12 minutes but it also remains one of the biggest burdens on our economy.
North Shore Private Hospital offers you the security of:
- Access to the latest technologies in cardiovascular diagnostic services
- Access to an emergency interventional cardiology service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Referral if required to cardiothoracic surgeons 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A 19 bed intensive care unit
- A specialised 5 bed acute care unit and 8 bed coronary care unit with on-site medical staff
- A 19 Bed Cardiology/Cardiothoracic ward
- Experienced and highly trained nurses and Allied Health professionals
- Post-procedural rehabilitation in association with Heart Research Australia and North Shore Cardiovascular Education Centre.
- State of the art Cardiac Catheter Lab
Our seamless cardiac service establishes a benchmark in the provision of cardiac care and treatment which is available to you together with our dedicated and specialised Doctors, Nurses, Physiotherapists and rehabilitation partners.
We understand that you may be feeling a little anxious and unsure about your upcoming experience. This information is designed to provide you with information to assist in the preparation for and recovery from your heart or lung procedure/operation. We also hope that this information will help alleviate any uncertainties surrounding your stay with us.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, we encourage you to speak with your referring Physician or our Cardiac Ward on 02 8425 3140.
Why Choose North Shore Private Hospital for Cardiac Care?
With such a dominant disease affecting our community, North Shore Private Hospital offers the latest in cardiac technology combined with first-class standards of accommodation with guaranteed private rooms that ensure the provision of the very best cardiac care. Our cardiovascular services department comprise of cardiac catheter laboratories, a cardiothoracic operating suite, an intensive care unit and a cardiothoracic ward inclusive of coronary care and acute care units. These areas are staffed by teams of highly skilled Cardiologists, Cardiothoracic surgeons, nurses and allied health professionals.
“Our cardiac services department prides itself on personalised care and safety for our patients. Our collaborative team of specialists ensure a holistic treatment plan for patients and their families.” Says Clinical Nurse Unit Manager, Lucy Ventham.
“Our Cardiologists and Cardiothoracic surgeons give reassurance and guidance to our patients together with our rehabilitation options. We encourage our patients to feel empowered with their treatment plans when going back into their community.”
North Shore Private Hospital pride ourselves on our co-location partnership with Royal North Shore Hospital. It is with this partnership that we are able to share cutting edge technologies to ensure the best outcome for your treatment.