Childbirth & Parenting Education Program
North Shore Private Hospital has committed to planning and providing a comprehensive childbirth and parenting program to prepare parents for the birth of their child. Classes include a tour of the maternity unit. Our educators are all experienced clinicians and are employed within our Maternity Unit or Lower North Shore Early Childhood Health Centres. This ensures a continuum of care from the hospital into the community.
Select a program title below for more details:
Bookings and more information
Please book the required classes from around 20 weeks to ensure your preferred class allocation from 30 weeks and onwards. Classes are recommended to be attended no earlier than 30 weeks to allow you to retain the information given in the class to be used in the birthing process. Class numbers are restricted to maintain a personal and conducive teaching environment.
The class cost covers you and your support person (excluding the grandparents class.). If your support person is unable to attend a particular session, you may bring another support person (over 18 years of age). We also ask that you or your support person do not attend classes if you are unwell or suffering from known diseases such as chickenpox, measles or shingles.
- The cost of the classes includes educational material and light refreshments
- During the all day workshop, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided
- Your health fund may pay for the cost of classes depending on your policy and level of cover. Please check with your health fund. Our educators are Registered Nurses and Midwives, however, they do not have a provider number.
- If your health fund does not cover your class, our Antenatal office will make contact with you to organise payment. Once payment is processed, a receipt for your class will be mailed to you and your place will be confirmed.
- To receive a full refund, notice of cancellation is required by email to email@example.com 2 weeks prior to the commencement date of your class.