Before your stay
After your booking has been confirmed online, our Maternity Customer Relations Officer will be in touch with you during your pregnancy. You will receive an email at 20 weeks and 34 weeks of your pregnancy to outline services available to you and your partner, antenatal classes, health links and next steps.
Throughout your pregnancy, should you need additional support, we encourage you to make an appointment with an Emotional Wellbeing Midwife, in partnership with the Gidget Foundation.
Preparing for your stay
We’ve made a checklist that can help you best prepare for your stay.
- Antenatal card
- Breast pads and maternity bras
- Comfortable clothes for during the day and at night
- Footwear eg. thongs, slippers
- Toiletries (including your hairdryer)
- Reading material / writing material
- List of people to telephone
- Outfit to take baby home in (including wraps)
- Nail scissors (to cut your nails short in preparation for breastfeeding)
During your stay we will provide
- Clothing, nappies, wipes and wraps for your baby
- Sanitary pads
- Formula, bottles and bottle cleaning equipment
- Breast pumps (rotation basis on ward, you are welcome to bring your own if you have one)
NB: Ramsay Pharmacy is located on the ground floor of the hospital is well stocked on some of the suggested items if required.
It's time – Coming to hospital
In your antenatal classes our experienced Midwives will inform you when the best time is to call us when it’s time to come in during labour.
It is important to communicate with the birth suite Midwives when you feel you are going into labour. Please call them on 02 8425 3288, 24 hours a day. They will be able to offer you support over the phone and advise you when you should come into hospital. Please remember to bring your antenatal card with you when to come into the hospital.
Please contact the birth suite midwives on 02 8425 3288 if you have any pregnancy/labour concerns or you need to arrange to come in to be assessed.