Active birth class
Fourth Saturday of the month 2.30pm – 4.30pm
$150 per couple (Benefits may apply from your health fund)
A practical session on natural management of pain in labour. For first time mums and dads it is recommended to attend this session after attending Childbirth and parenting classes. Second time parents are also welcome to attend this session.
What is covered in the Active labour class?
- Revision of pregnancy and signs of impending labour
- Understanding labour pain
- Benefits of Active labour
- Practical Active labour techniques
- Managing labour pain without pharmalogical pain relief
Please bring a pillow and wear comfortable loose clothing to this class.
Two Sundays a month 9.30am – 5.30pm
$550 per couple (Benefits may apply from your health fund)
Calmbirth is all about getting pregnant couples physically, mentally and emotionally ready for childbirth.
The more knowledge and tools you have the more confident and prepared you will feel. Calmbirth equips pregnant couples with a ‘toolbox’ for birth. These tools include: tools for head space, tools for the body and tools for partners so they can work together as a team and support their partner physically and protect them emotionally.
Becoming a grandparent class
There have been many changes in how we care for women in pregnancy and labour along with how new parents care and nurture their baby since your own baby was born. Our grandparent to be class provides an opportunity for you to prepare for the arrival of your new grandchild.
NB: This class is designed and formatted for Grandparent’s ONLY. Expecting mothers are to book and attend their own Antenatal class.
First Tuesday every month, 9.30am-12.30pm
$50 per person (Benefits may apply from your health fund)
Light refreshments will be provided.
Overview of what is covered in the class
- Trends and changes in pregnancy care and birth
- Roles and expectations of new dads
- What’s new in breastfeeding
- Child Safety: How to childproof your home
- Sleeping baby safely
- Grandparents guide to new babies
- How to support the new parents in their transition to parenthood.
CPR and First Aid for Babies and Children
CPR Kids is partnering with North Shore Private Hospital to bring you the perfect class that will empower you to confidently care for your sick or injured child in an emergency situation, while giving you the knowledge and skills to recognise and prevent illness and injury to help keep your child healthy and safe right from the start.
CPR Kids provides two course options for you to attend:
- 3 hour Baby & Child CPR and First Aid Classes
- 2.5 hour interactive zoom sessions on illness in babies and children
For further information and bookings, please visit: www.cprkids.com.au/our-classes/public-classes/
- Pregnant couples
- Anyone who cares for babies and children
Topics covered in this course
- CPR for babies and children
- Head injury
- And more...
All participants receive
- Poster covering First Aid scenarios and CPR flowchart.
- Access to our YouTube channel, CPR Kids TV, so participants can refresh their knowledge anytime.
- Videos and fact sheets sent to you after the class
- Lots of additional resources to consolidate your learning