Day Surgery Unit and Endoscopy
The North Shore Private Hospital Day Surgery Unit is conveniently located on the podium level of the North Shore Health Hub with a link bridge to North Shore Private Hospital.
The stunning new facility features three large operating theatres, private pre-operative bays, a recovery lounge, and an inviting reception and waiting area.
See more information for Day Patients
The new Day Surgery Unit houses North Shore Private Hospitals’ expanded Endoscopy Services.
These services are provided by Gastroenterologists, Colorectal surgeons and Urologists.
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) to assess gastrointestinal and lung diseases
- Colonoscopy to diagnose cancer of the bowel and rectum
- NEW: Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) is a procedure that combines upper gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy and x-rays to treat problems of the bile and pancreatic ducts
- Varicies banding a banding procedure to reduce bleeding from varicies
- Halo – radiofrequency ablation a procedure used to destroy precancerous tissue for Barret’s oesophagus
- EMR – endomucosal resection a technique used to remove cancerous and abnormal lesions in the digestive tract
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy examines the inside of the lower (sigmoid) colon and rectum.
- Gastroscopy examination of the oesophagus, stomach and duodenum
- Haemorrhoid banding a treatment for bleeding internal haemorrhoids
- Oesophageal dilation a therapeutic endoscopic procedure that enlarges the lumen of the oesophagus
- Polypectomy is a procedure used to remove polyps from the inside of the colon.
- Flexible cystoscopy is an examination of the interior of the bladder and urethra
Following their procedure patients are accommodated in our Recovery room and lounge area.
Contact the Endoscopy Unit on (02) 8425 3875
Or email: email@example.com
Endoscopy Services Specialists
UPPER GI SURGEONS
Download our Endoscopy Ezifind document