Saturday 2pm – 5pm third week of every second month
For second time parents
$150 per couple (Benefits may apply from your health fund)
This three hour class is for those couples who already have another child or couples having a child in a new blended family. Light refreshments will be provided.
You are welcome to attend from 32 weeks of your pregnancy.
What is covered in the Refresher class?
- Maternity services at North Shore Private.
- Overview of labour and review of Caesarean Section
- Signs of labour
- When to come to hospital
- Differences with 2nd / subsequent labours
- Self-management skills for childbirth
- Couples relationship changes / stress
- Preparing your child for their new sibling
- Revising Sleep, settling strategies, breastfeeding, SIDS Guidelines
- Routines and what to expect in the day of a newborn
- What has changed since you last had a baby
- Vaginal birth after a Caesarean section
- Postnatal depression
- Community resources